Tuesday, January 23

Things that Rock

So like many other people out there on nets' I listen to podcasts. There are a few that I love that are knitting based of course Brenda Dayne's Cast On, which is one of my absolute favourites and it's great to hear her voice again after a hiatus due to illness. Another podcast that makes me so happy to see a new episode each week is Lime & Violet These women rock, not only do they make me laugh so hard, but they are at fault for my most recent knit book buys. Miss Violet is having some woman problems with boob rocks, sorry doll I can feel your pain. Her medical insurance sucks so badly and is in need of funds to cover these very expensive torture appointments, so Lisa Souza has been awesome to offer the Violet's Pink Ribbon colourway where the monies collected will go to Miss Violet. All the monies that are not used for her medical costs once all this is done will be donated to some really good cause that I can't recall right now. If you are on a yarn diet or allergic to wool like me you can donate to this cause via the Lime & Violet button on their blog. A new podcast that I want to mention I just discovered today! My first knitting instructor is fantastically awesome and I can't thank her enough to helping learn to knit at Urban Yarns beginner class and now she has a podcast out! Please check out the wonderfully talented Christa Giles' podcast here on her site. She is quirky, enthusatic and talented knitter/instructor who has a great voice and I look forward to listening to more of her podcasts, go and check her out!!