Tuesday, January 30


So the mailman brought me so yummy new yarn, it's the KPixie order of SWTC's TOFUtsies and my DPN's which may be one size too big *sigh* I ended up getting 2.75mm/size 2 US and after reading the universal toe-up sock pattern on Knitty I should have gotten size 1's. So it's off to the yarn store tomorrow after I got to the postoffice to pick up some smaller DPNs! I might have to try two circs or one circ knitting because I played with the DPN and they are really ackward, well I guess I need to practice before I venture into knitting socks. The TOFUtsies made me sneeze and my eyes water really badly so I'm going to have to take loads of anti-histimines when I knit with it, but for those who don't have allergies to merino wool I really like how soft this yarn is with the soysilk giving it a nice sheen.

So I have another Bejeweled scarf on my pointy sticks, this time it's SWTC Oasis (100% soysilk) in the colourway Chocolate and I'm using 3.5 mm bamboo needles to make the lace more dense because like silk, soysilk should stretch out a bit. I really enjoy knitting lace, so I've been thinking I should start looking for a blocking board or something that will work well as a blocking board I recall seeing someone use one of those big puzzle pieces as one somewhere in blogland. Well time for me to go veg out it's been a long day today.