Monday, June 11

Virtual Vacation Questionaire

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? Hawaii I'd love relax on the beach, hike up a volcano and snorkel. It's a place that my daughter and I have said we would visit together and are planning to go in the next year or so. To plan a trip to Hawaii with a guide dog takes A LOT of planning to avoid her being quarantined, so I need to start planning first by getting her AVID microchip put in.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? I've always been enthralled by the beautiful island of Crete. I am a huge Greek mythology buff. Besides that I've always wanted to visit Ireland, being 1/4 Irish I've always wanted experience for myself the green wet land of the isles. I know we are asked if we could visit any country in the world and I have more than one, but hey I could list way too many; however I will only list one more and that is Japan. The Japanese culture has always been intriguing to me. I've met many people who have travelled there and their experiences have perked my interest even more. I'd love to go and travel throughout Japan and not just in the tourist areas.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? Yes I've driven from BC to AB, all over my province BC, I've taken road trips to WA, OR, CA, NV and when I was in ON, we drove down to MI as well as drove from Windsor, ON to Guelph, ON.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? Nope.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? I love going to the Gulf Islands here in BC. It's so nice to relax on the cabin on Galiano Island that my partner's parents own. There's gorgeous beaches, greenery and usually peace and quiet on the point that their cabin is located. It's nice to sit and crochet or knit, or curl up and read a book or explore the beaches.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. Yes, as a child my family would go camping all the time. I go for trips to Victoria for some sightseeing and other cities all over my province. As for playing tourist in my own city, there are so many places to play tourist in the Lower Mainland, go visit Lynn Valley suspension bridge, drive up to Cypress Mountain to enjoy the view and go hiking, I love going to museums with my daughter or go beach combing. There is so much to see here that sometimes we will go and explore parts of the city and the surrounding cities that we don't know well just for fun.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? All of the above, depends on my mood.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? I love soft silks, cotton blends with either silk, model and/or tencel and soy silk!

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? coarse acrylics especially if it makes that horrible squeaking noises while you are knitting/crocheting with it. The sound of cheap synthetic fibers rubbing against each other is like nails on a chalkboard for me, even when I was really little.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? scarfs, shawls, dishcloths, socks!!!, bags, hats and I really want to knit my first sweater. I'm mostly addicted to lace and socks right now at the moment

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? small projects like socks, something simple like a stockinette sock or a easy scarf and then a few projects that I need to think for when I want to concentrate and de-stress by getting lost in the pattern and yarn

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I'd love to learn to draw and paint, spin

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) Lol, what am I not allergic to! I CAN NOT use animal fibers even the slightest amount in a yarn. I'm allergic to them all alpaca, wool even extra soft superwash merino, cashmere etc... I'm allergic to lemongrass and/or citronella and more really floral smells in lotions, food or scents. When it comes to lipbalms any lipbalm with glycerin in it actually makes my lips chapped, regardless if they fix chapped lips or not. No milk chocolate, I'm allergic to lactose, I'm so happy I can eat certain cheeses though!

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? favourite colours are blues/greens/reds and least favourite orange/yellows/neons

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Sweet!

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? Another fun allergy I'm allergic to cats, so if you have a cat please avoid allowing it to fondle the yarn.