Wednesday, March 28

If it's not broken, don't fix it!

So the title of this post is directed to Interweave Knits. I finally got my spring 2007 issue of Interweave Knits in the mail (why does it take so long to mail to Canada come on OMFG it was sent on March 22 it was on newstands here last month I hope the rest of my subscription doesn't take this long!) and now I see what the whole fuss is about. I hate the new layout! I'm open to new ideas but I found the new layout very frustrating trying to find patterns especially mainly because some of the background colours that showcase the finished objects do not contrast well with the chosen font colour of the pattern name and page number. This issue does have a few patterns that I really want to knit like the green tea raglan, roza's socks, dollar and a half cartigan, petunia's tote and last but not least cable-down raglan. That's a lot of knitting but hey I probably won't get to them for a long time. Anyhoo that's my 2 cents on the new interweave knits spring 2007 issue. I'm happy to hear Eunny Jang is the new editor of interweave knits, please Eunny bring back the old format we miss it!

I casted a new problem onto the needles yesterday a mini clapotis with SWTC Phoenix in the Napa Valley colourway and it's looking very purdy. I'll take a picture when I'm feeling a bit better. I'm recovering from a cold right now. Oh and Andrea is you are reading this I am using the stitch markers I bought from your etsy site and I love them!