Saturday, April 21

Leaving on a jet plane


So I'm getting ready for my flight tomorrow because I'm off to guide dog handler school! I have packed some little projects with me and most of them are socks!! Right now I'm working on the second worsted weight Horcrux sock as well as a fingerweight one in Panda Cotton. I love how soft the Panda Cotton is, but don't use metal dpns or metal circs with it because the yarn does like to split. I haven't tried using Pony Pearls with them yet but I'm finding my crystal place bamboo dpns are handling with yarn well.

So I have some FO to share it's been finished for a while and I haven't blocked it yet but I've finished my modified mini clapotis. It took less than 1 1/2 balls of SWTC Phoenix in Napa Valley. At first I used Kpixie's free pattern for the mini clapotis pattern, but I ended up visiting the lovely frog pond because it was way too small. I wrote the mods I did down, but I don't have access to them at the moment so if you are interested let me know and I'll post them when I get back from guide dog school.